Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Clearing off the Work Table

Left: "Oscar," 12 x 16 inches, mixed media on Fredrix Watercolor Canvas Board. (The photo is a little too violet. I have to get it shot professionally.) Click on the image to view an enlargement.


As my trip approaches it's a flurry of activity here. I'm trying to clear my work table of all jobs pending and needing completion. On Friday, April 29, it was a joy to wrap up this commission portrait of Oscar! He came over for a play date and more sketching (well I was sketching). When he left, it was back to work for me.

I love writing and I love creating the illustrations for my books, but I have to say that the best part of my job and life happens on days like Friday, with dogs like Oscar.

The painting has been sitting on the easel since then. I've been casting a fresh eye at it every so often. I've resisted the urge to get fussy. Today I know I've successfully resisted and it's finished. All I have to do is sign it. Which I'll do right now.

What do you think? I think Oscar needs a book of his own.

2 comments: