Saturday, April 16, 2011

New Sketching Friends

Click on the image to view an enlargement.
A couple of weeks ago I met Roz Stendahl, who is a local graphic designer and illustrator. She keeps a blog about journaling and too many other topics to list: Roz Wound Up. Well when I met her I asked if I could paint her portrait and she said yes. We got together Friday. To warm up we both sketched her rubber chicken puppet named Gert. (I have known her only a short time and already I know that she names everything!) I had so much fun sketching Gert that Roz graciously allowed me to take Gert home for a few weeks—until we get together for more sketching.

We spent so much time sketching Gert that we ran out of time for me to sketch Roz. But I did get this one sketch in, so the mind and hand are thinking about it. Also Roz was overjoyed that I'd sketched her in my journal because of her Project Journal Infiltration which you can read about here.

You can see some of the many sketches that Roz has made of Gert on her website and blog.

Gert over text.


Gert black and white.

Gert face on.

Gert with a fortune.

Two views of Gert.

You get the idea. And those are just from her website. Gert is all over her blog. Obsessive isn't it? Yeah, I like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment